In the past week, America has suffered numerous mass murders, but two of these tragedies have captured the bulk of the attention of the media. The November 27, Colorado Springs shooting has become a rally cry for supporters of abortion and progressives who assume the shooter is a Christian fanatic on a mission to stop the senseless killing of children. The media was quick to announce that the shooter, Robert Dear, is a white male. They were also quick to label the Colorado Springs shooting domestic terrorism. In the week since the shooting, investigative reporters have spoken with his ex-wives and have heard enough to label him a Christian as well. Planned Parenthood supporters began raising money for abortion as victims were still being admitted to the hospital.
Five days later, two shooters burst into a San Bernardino conference room and opened fire on a group of social workers who were gathered for a Christmas party. The shooters were wearing what appeared to be tactical gear, including “go pro” cameras and left behind a remote control bomb. Abortion supporters were nearly ecstatic over the possibility that an abortion clinic might be at the center of the violence.
Meanwhile, the news media strained to avoid mentioning any ethnicity of the shooters and kept all motives open to possibility. Hours later, when the Muslim names of one of the suspects became more and more unavoidable, the media began chanting that the shooter was an American citizen.
In the tolerant, inclusive and politically correct mind of news reporters, if we can’t blame Islamic terrorists, we can always blame the average American citizen. The fact that at least one of the shooters appears to have been communicating with known Islamic terrorists has to be terribly disappointing to the American news media, White House officials and supporters of abortion (who by the way are totally interchangeable).
Violence is a serious problem in our country. But we are aiding terrorism when we bend over backward to make sure we don’t say anything that could be construed as Islamophobic. Do we really think that treating Muslims as though none of them are dangerous, will help us protect innocent people from the ones who are? The fact is, there are violent followers of Islam who live right here in the good ol’ USA. Not all Muslims are evil, as a matter of fact, most of them are perfectly normal. But we cannot give 100% of Muslims the benefit of the doubt. This is a mental illness called Islamophilia and it will facilitate the objectives of the terrorists. Islamophilia demands that you remain silent, if you see behavior that makes you wonder if someone is a terrorist, especially if you believe the person or persons are of Middle Eastern descent . For someone suffering from Islamophilia, it is regretable that innocent people will die, but that is the price we pay to make sure a peaceful Muslim does not end up with hurt feelings.
The biased media (and social media) response to these two tragedies are quite clear.
I call for something between actual Islamophobia, which exists but is not as common as people would like you to believe and Islamophilia, which is rampant. What I call for is a very rare intellectual gift called: Common Sense.
- In August, 2001, actor James Woods was flying from Boston to Los Angeles when he noticed four passengers who were acting suspicious. There were only 5 passengers in first class on that flight and Woods was one of them, so he had plenty of opportunity to observe them, taking note of their apparent Middle Eastern descent. He alerted the flight crew after the plane landed, but the airline official shrugged it off. A few weeks later, on September 11, 2001, those same four passengers jijacked one of the four airplanes that started a new age in Islamic terrorism. It turns out, Woods had noticed the hijackers who were on a test run, brought it to the attention of the airline, but no action was taken.
- On November 9, 2009, Nidal Hasan, a Major in the U.S. Army, opened fire in a building on the Fort Hood Military Base in Texas, killing 13 and injuring 30. Prior to the massacre, the Fort Hood murderer had voiced dissatisfaction with America and had been communicating with a radical Imam named Anwar al-Awlaki. At the time of their communications, al-Awlaki resided in Yemen, but he had been an Imam at a Mosque in Virginia prior to that time. Hasan had apparently prayed at the Mosque and may have known al-Awlaki personally. U.S. intelligence agencies knew of the communications between the radical Imam and Hasan but chose to do nothing about it.
- On April 15, 2013, Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev placed pressure cooker bombs near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. As early as 2011, the FBI was aware that the Russians considered Tamerlan to be a radical Islamic extremist with interests in terrorism. However, U.S. officials did not take adequate steps to prohibit the Tsarnaevs from activity and interests that eventually led them to place the bombs and eventually kill a police officer. In the end, over 260 people were injured and at least three were killed by the Tsarnaevs. (Tamerlan Tsarnaev may have been involved in murders prior to the bombing of the marathon.)
- On September 26, 2014, Alton Nolan a/k/a Jah’Keem Yisrael, beheaded a female coworker at a food processing plant in Moore, Oklahoma. Nolan had recently converted to Islam and had been frequenting al Qaeda websites and trying to convert co-workers to Islam. Prior to the beheading, he had been fired by his employer, but before leaving the property, retrieved a knife and attacked two coworkers, beheading one of them. It is apparent that his employer did not have Nolan escorted off of the property after he was terminated.
- Zale Thompson, a 32 year old convert to Islam, attacked NYC police officers with a hatchet on October 22, 2014. He had been surfing ISIS and al Qaeda websites for weeks before setting out to behead a police officer. His acquaintances knew he had become more and more radical in his thoughts over the course of severa months before the attack, but nobody thought to contact the police.
- On October 23, 2014, Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, shot a Canadian soldier in the back, killing him, then entered the Canadian capital building where a security guard shot and killed Zehaf-Bibeau. Zehaf-Biveau was a convert to Islam. The Canadian government had denied his request to emigrate to Libya at some point in time prior to the shooting. Although acquaintances and co-workers knew of his admiration for Jihadists in the Middle East, nobody thought to report him to the authorities.
I dont know about you, but I think I see a recurring pattern here. In the most famous (therefore the most effective) terrorist attacks on American soil, acquiantances, coworkers, officials, local law enforcement and sometimes federal law enforcement, knew of the eventual attackers before they carried out their deadly plans. But in each case, very little, if anything, was done to investigate the suspicions. In some cases, people refrained from reporting the suspicions to anyone and in others, the investigation was clearly half-hearted at best.
I’m a middle-aged white guy (I’m even a Christian). I truly believe that if I had been reported by James Woods in August, 2011, someone from the airline or airport security would have had a chat with me.
Why the blindness? Fear of being labeled intolerant, hateful, an Islamophobe… The official government line is “See Something, Say Something”, but it didn’t work in the above examples and those who have said something have been criticized for not embracing Islamophilia.
Some claim that the white, Christian, male is the greatest threat to the average American. Who is saying this? The big media outlets, people who vote Democrat (and nothing but Democrat) and the misinformed.
Of course this is a lie and Mr. el-mallakh is either a moron or evil.
Do Christians commit crimes, even horrific crimes such as murder? Yes. But nobody can point to the Bible and justify the crime as consistent with Christian doctrine. To the absolute contrary, the Islamic terrorists can point directly to the Quran and justify the San Bernardino attack, 9-11, Benghazi and any other attack carried out under the holy banner of Jihad.
Anyone who hesitates to reject Mr. el-mallakh’s Islamophilia needs to learn about Islam. Anyone who spreads Mr. el-mallakh’s is doing so with wreckless disregard for human life. And as we have seen both before and now on December 2, 2015, in San Bernardino, California, such progressive rhetoric can mean the difference between the life and death of innocent people.
Aaron Elswick — a neighbor of Farook’s mother in Redland — said that another neighbor told him “they had I guess been receiving packages — quite a few packages within a short amount of time, and they were actually doing a lot of work out in the garage.”
“She was kind of suspicious and wanted to report it,” Elswick explained, “but she said she didn’t want to profile.”
And from another citizen:
A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people.
People saw something but said nothing out of fear of being “Islamophobic”. In other words, they wanted to be tolerant and accepting, not prejudiced or bigotted. These people are not Islamophiles, but they were evidently taught to be quiet by Islamophiles.
If you look at the examples mentioned in this blog alone, you see that thousands of lives have been lost. Think of the families of the victims. Think of the people who were wounded and survived. We are talking about thousands of people who have been directly and profoundly impacted by Islamic terrorism on American soil.
Yet we are continually informed that Islam is a peaceful religion. This is an enormous lie that is repeated and repeated in an effort to quiet all who disagree with the lie.
We all need to speak up and those in positions of authority need to wake up. Until we get radical Islam under control, people are going to have to be willing to suffer the uncomfortable experience of being called names by fools who are blind to the truth. If good people are courageous and willing to speak up, a future terrorist attack like the San Bernardino attack might be avoided. Are liberals responsible for the deaths at the hands of the terrorists in this blog? No. Just like conservatives are not responsible for the mentally deranged gunman who shot people outside the Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs on November 27th.
But the misguided progressives continue to slather on the propaganda…
Free speech does come with serious responsibility. Our news media, political leaders and Islamophiles are trying to impose silence in the face of pure evil. This allows them to fill the empty space with propaganda.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. – Edmund Burke
Right now, the progressives believe that the only speech that is “free” is the speech that supports their desired narrative. All I can say is that more of us need to challenge that narrative with very thoughtful and fact-based speech. When someone cautions us that our speech is hateful, bigotted, etc… consider all the facts and humbly assess whether your speech was based in fact or not. If you overstepped the truth, correct it. If you spoke the truth, don’t back down.